Wednesday, May 18, 2011

yogic massage touches the body and the heart

    While I have been a bodyworker/massage therapist for many years, I have also been a recipient of bodywork from many different teachers with varying styles.  While I’ve learned that all bodyworker/massage therapists have something unique to offer, I will never forget the experience of the first time, many years ago, when my primary yoga teacher, who is a skilled bodyworker, laid his hands on me to release a pressure point while skillfully moving my body into a deeper range of motion.  My intuition told me, “here is someone who really knows what he is doing.”  Not only was there a trust and security in knowing that he knew the mechanics of my body, the energetic transmission through his hands was astonishing, unlike anything I had ever felt before.

    This man’s skill and knowledge of bodywork coupled with his decades long practice of yoga at the highest level enabled him to transmit the most phenomenal energetic resource through his hands directly into the area of my body that most needed it.  It was an electric experience, one that I’ll never forget and it influenced me, as an aspiring bodyworker at the time, to build this same extraordinary capacity into my hands-on touch and massage therapy.

    This experience was nearly a decade ago and it gave me the humble realization that coupling a strong and vital yoga practice along with bodywork and massage therapy would give me a profound synergistic advantage.  This advantage would be the transmission of great healing energy, or “prana-lifeforce”, developed through my lifelong practice of yoga into my deepest intention of healing and bringing relief to others through hands-on touch.  With my original yoga teacher as inspiration, I’ve experienced for myself that a consistent practice of yoga over a long period of time produces an inner reservoir, a container, if you will, of energetic vitality that can be directed, with intuition and intention, through my hands directly into the tissue and energetic release points of my massage clients, resulting in great relief and healing.

    In addition to relief and healing, the transmission of lifeforce energy through the hands simply feels wonderful; there is nothing quite like it.  In my experience, truly effective bodywork must include an intelligent and compassionate blend of the necessary physical movement and pressure along with the element of compassionate touch that relieves, soothes, and elicits a great feeling of pleasure within the body.  One without the other is incomplete and ineffective; skill in bodywork requires the ideal combination of compassion and precision.  Intelligently combined, precise physical movement coupled with compassionate and relieving touch delivers great healing.

    I love hands-on healing through bodywork and massage.  I have countless testimonials as to my effectiveness as a healer but the only one that really matters is yours.  If you haven’t given yourself the gift of energetic healing through yogic massage, you really, really have something to look forward to.  Years of yoga and hands-on healing practice has given me the blessing of being able to intuitively “read” bodies and what they need coupled with the internal resource of healing energy that I can direct precisely where and how it is most needed.  I can humbly say that I have a wonderful touch and that you will feel the difference. 

Please call me for an appointment.  (925) 705-1228 or send me an email at
Upwardspiralyoga@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Prices:  
60 minutes - $75.00
75 minutes - $95.00
90 minutes - $115.00

No comments:

Post a Comment